Thursday, May 19, 2005

This evening was my music night. Both regular choir and bell choir. I enjoy both so it is a good thing. I have a long way to go on the bells. I am finding out that there is more to ringing them than just ringing. You can dampen and clank and trebble and I suppose other things too. I am still just trying to keep time and remember to ring.

We got our German Music tonight. I think I told you that most of the Blessed Trinity Choir members are joining the choir at mass at Germanfest on July 31. We are going on the bus and will spend the afternoon enjoying the festival after singing. The big challenge is learning the read the German. I think I will practice the melody and beat with la las before then. We will have two practices with the main choir in July.

It was chilly and damp all day today. My understanding is that it is going to warm up by Sunday but will keep on raining. I know we need the rain but a little sun always does wonders for the spirit. Besides, I have a bit a planting to do and I also know that it will take some warmth to make the seeds I planted sprout.

You know how the song goes. "Someone bless the seeds I sow, Someone warm them from below, til the rain comes tumblin'down." We are getting the tumblin'down without the warming.

I think Chelsea is ready to go to bed. At this time of night she always looks a little wobegone if I stay up.

Tomorrow night is bust up for the pistol league at Rhine Plymouth. Bobbie and I are working too so it will be a long night. At least we won't have to be collecting any money, as the bust up is a freebee.

Love

Mary

No comments: