Friday, May 20, 2005

I just got home. It is 9:30PM. Bobbie and I worked at Rhine for the bust up party for the spring trap and pistol leagues. Jim got a first place Marksman Trophy for his pistol shooting this time.

The meal was excellent. We had barbequed chicken, broasted potatoes, potato salad, baked beans prepared by Gary Hefter. This was followed by two, count 'em, two desserts. Sara Behr prepared rhubarb tort and Bill Olson brought his famous peach cobbler. Both were excellent and it reminds me that I must check the rhubarb. I believe there is enough for a pie in my garden.

Tomorrow is my birthday. Cards started to arrive today. I received one from Mother, from my friend Esther Hasler and her son Adam and the office staff at Blessed Trinity. Bobbie brought hers with her tonight. They are all special. People are so good to acknowledge it. I can't believe that I will be 65 years old tomorrow. I remember that when I was young I marveled at the fact that in the year 2000 I would be 60 years old and that seemed so very far away. Way beyond my sight. I guess that it is important to remember that we don't have to look that far ahead. We just have to live each day to its fullest and treasure everything and everyone that comes our way.

All my love

Mary

No comments: