Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Sting was done well by the Sheboygan Theatre Company. We were entertained and what more can we ask. They sold raffle tickets as a fundraiser. The prize was half the proceeds with the other half going to the company. They did a really great job of building it into the Sting itself and made quite a production of the drawing and the giving of the prize, including a missing Ralph Mafagoni(the director) and a switched prize envelope that finally got squared away. F U N.

Tomorrow is the BIG day. I will be walking in the Irishman's parade in Plymouth as I told you yesterday. I got a call yesterday from my friend, Peg. She and Stan will NOT be there for the first time in forever because she is recovering from a very bad reaction to some medication. She is so disappointed. And I am too, I really enjoy spending time with them. I know I will see Nancy Gallagher Roehre, a classmate and Sheryl, from Quilt Guild. And I always know a few other people. I will eat corned beef in one form or another and perhaps share some poetry since Bob Mac Ewen did not do his Richard's thing this year.

Speaking of Bob Mac Ewen, reminds me of Barb Mac Ewen, his wife and a friend, who also sells Mary Kaye. She usually is in touch with me oftener than this. I know they were in England ( or Scotland) for a while but I would have expected them back by now. Maybe they decided to stay there.

Here is a neat poem. I don't know the author but heard it recited by Bobbie Clancy on an album.

"The life that I have is all that I have
And the life that I have is yours.
The love that I have of the Life that I have
Is yours - and yours - and yours.

The sleep I will have
The rest I will have
In death will be but a pause.

But the peace of my years and the long green grass
Are yours and yours and yours."

Love

Mary

No comments: