Monday, March 14, 2005

I am RICH. I won $100 at Petermann's Hunting and Fishing Club raffle. Maybe the luck is turning.

Thank heavens Monday is winding down. I had just TOO much scheduled. First was Bible Study. Paul's letter was featuring the gifts that people have. We had a very animated discussion about the gifts, especially the gifts of prophecy and the gift of tongues. It seems to us that these gifts must exist today as well as they did in Paul's day. However, prophets and people speaking in tongues are looked on with distrust and scepticism in the 21st century.

Second the Plymouth people that I usually lunch with on Friday, met to celebrate Ceil's birthday. A surprise that her daughters arranged.

Next on to Writer's Club. I was able to announce my "sale" of the Crazy Cats poem to Irish Stew, a mini publication that comes out three times a year in Wisconsin. And I read the poems that I sent to the Milwaukee Art Museum Poetry contest. They liked them.

Then tonight I had a Celtic Faire meeting which was very sparcely attended. I think it was sparcely attended because the way it was written up in the bulletin, people thought it was a quilt meeting. I did pick up two more quilters. We now have 10 to make the quilt that we intend to raffle off at the Celtic Faire. Should be nice. We are going to give every quilter a fat quarter and ask them to use it in ANY square they want, preferably Celtic, but that will not be required. Then we will assemble. The common fabric will be the key.

Tomorrow is much easier. We are shopping and Dick has his eye checkup. That is all.

We did a little exercise at Writer's Club using words that sound alike but are spelled differently and have different meanings in a short writing. We got horse/hoarse and led/lead. This is what I came up with.

The hoarse auctioneer led the horse into the ring.

They were old, the horse and the man. The horse's back was bowed, as if he carried lead weights on his back - the auctioneer, the weight of the world.


Enjoy your Tuesday.

Love

Mary

No comments: