Thursday, March 10, 2005

Dick bought me a present for St. Patrick's Day. He got me a sequenced hat and matching vest, both decorated in brilliant shamrocks on a black background. I will wear them at the Irishman's Walk on St. Patrick's Day in Plymouth and I don't care WHAT the weather is.

I went to a "Lifelong Faith Formation Forum" with several people from Blessed Trinity. I guess it was OK but I think it was a bit lengthy for the message and I don't think they really fulfilled their promise. The information they provided could have been presented better - perhaps in an individual church setting so the group could have discussed OUR own situations and perhaps started on a plan.

WELL - we were well represented, with Fr. Gene, the two deacons, Sr. Marcia, Sandy and Lynn from the office, Rose Marie and Kathy from RE, Beth, the choir director, Bob Weber and myself from the council.

I had several people define "Catechesis", a term they kept using, assuming everyone knew. I got three definitions, all related. 1. Echo and pass down the faith. 2. Teaching of the faith. 3. Living the faith. Bob Weber gave the last one and got a little noble on me but I don't believe in nobility and one upmanship.

A quote from John O'Reilly regarding parenthood. "Top bunk - Where you should never put a kit wearing Superman Jammies."

I remember taking Bret to Dr. Allen when he was about three for stitches in his chin. He had used a tricycle for a seesaw on a brick planter and managed to jam the handle into his chin. Anyway, when we went back to remove the stitches, he was wearing a towel as a Superman Cape and Dr. Allen said that perhaps I should reconsider his costume. He was smiling as he said it. Bret also needed stitches when the neighbor's dog Desi bit him in the lip. I still remember taking him to the Doctor and his comment. " That 's not too bad, my son had a hunk missing out of his lip from a dog bite and still smiles kind of crooked." Not a direct quote, but you get the idea.


I miss Dr. Allen. He was a real comfort of a Doctor for many years.

Have a good Friday. We will be racking some wine.

Love

Mary

No comments: