Monday, February 28, 2005

Today was a real Monday. We are shopping tomorrow and I have to go to the dentist. This is my six month checkup.

I am working on the baby quilts for the At Risk Babies. I ran out of white thread, of all things, so had to stop this evening. I will pick some thread up tomorrow on my way back from the dentist.

I finished up three poems to send to the Milwaukee Art Museum. They are having a poetry contest. They asked for poems to match any piece of art displayed in the museum. I picked out three pieces that were pictured and described online and managed to get some thing done. I seem to do best with deadlines. I still want to create a sonnet. The results will be released in June. Then I will print one on this blog. Here is a snippet of one that I wrote while out deerhunting one year.

WIND

Stillness followed by sound
Of wind gathering speed and strength
Circling then gone
Until it comes around again
To Roar above me
In the pines and the oaks and the birch.

We are supposed to be getting snow tonight.

Have a good Tuesday.

Mary

No comments: