Tuesday, February 15, 2005

If you checked yesterday, I apologize. I totally forgot. I have excuses. I was rather busy.

First, bible study was a 9:30AM. There were 6 of us there and we had an animated discussion on Paul's admonition about being a good example. We have lots of opinion and lots of gun in these discussions.

Then, at 1:00 I went to Writer's Club. That was fun too. I read my Summer Evening Music poem. Dick liked it. I sent it into Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets contest, so will print it here when I know that it has no chance of winning or that it has won. Here is a little poem that needs more developing but is a kind of little core.

Don’t let go of my hand!
The sky has no ceiling
The sea has no floor
The world has no walls
I might float away.

I sent my nephew John the recipe for Slim Veggie Soup. Perhaps you'd like it - it is all bouillon and veggies.

Slim Veggie Soup

3 Cups Water
6 Beef or Chicken Bouillon Cubes
2 cans diced or stewed tomatoes
½ cup chopped onion
2 cups chopped celery (use the greens too)
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 TBSP. chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put water, bouillon and tomatoes in a kettle. Bring to boil. Add rest
of vegetables and bring to a boil again. Cover and reduce the heat.
Simmer until vegetables are done. Makes about 6 single cup servings.

Hope this makes up for yesterday.

Mary

No comments: