Sunday, December 05, 2004

This has been an adventure. I have been trying to connect to the Blog site for about two hours.

What a day. Good things and not so good. I went to church last night because the choir sang at the 5:00 PM Mass. Therefore, I did not have to go to Mass today. I actually slept until 6:30AM or so. Dick took Chelsea out at about 5:30 when he got up and then shut her out of the bedroom so she would not wake me.

The Packers played the Eagles today and it was an unmitigated disaster. We lost 47 to 17 and most of the points were made by the backup quarterback Greg Noll. Philly is really good this year and we weren't necessarily relying on a win, but really did not expect a stomping.

We had stew for supper. I finally found a stew recipe that I can make. For years I made the oddest stew. Dick could not understand that because I am a pretty good cook. In our early marriage, he had me buy some stew meat. I told him that I did not make a good stew but he wanted to try. I followed the recipe to the tee. It looked just beautiful and even smelled good. However, there was not taste. It was totally flat.

Afte 18 years and several recipes, I finally have it. I cook it forever, and add coffee and ketsup and worchester sauce and it is really good.

Have a great Monday.

Mary


No comments: