Saturday, December 11, 2004

I got to stay home the WHOLE day today. It was so nice to not have to leave. Silly Chelsea got me up at 5:30AM which was way to early but I took a nap this afternoon, so that helped a bit.

I am putting up Christmas decorations a little every day. Today, I put up another Nativity Scene and brought up the last one. I end up with them all over the place. I also have to find a place for the Santas and the Angels. Dick is working on the tree. He has two rows of branches on. As long as he has it done this coming week so I can get the ornaments on before the big day, I don't really care.

I fixed Huevos Rancheros for supper tonight and were they ever good. I made my own Salsa.

Here is the recipe.

1 Corn Tortilla per person
1 or two eggs per person (their choice)
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic - diced or pressed
1 14 to 16 oz can diced tomatoes
1 4 oz can of ortega chilis
1 TBLSP. jalapeno pepper chopped
Pinch of chili powder
Shredded cheese

Spray a frying pan with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, onion, chilis, garlic and chili powder. Heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or so.

Put plates in oven on the lowest heat you have available

Spray a bigger frying pan and fry the tortilla until soft, about 30 seconds on each side. Transfer to warm plates. Fry eggs until white is done, do not flipping. Transfer to tortillas. Top egg with cheese and hot salsa (which cooks the top of the eggs) and serve with extra cheese and refried beans on the side.

Num Num

Mary

L

No comments: