Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve is drawing to a close. The choir sang at Mass tonight. The teen-young adult group joined us and sang before Mass and at communion, so we didn't get to sing out great numbers during Mass. Fortunately, we rehearsed before Mass so most of the attendees heard us sing -Mary Don't You Weep and Peace Peace. It was a nice service anyway and I can stay home ALL day tomorrow which is nice for me.

After Mass I stopped to see Mother and wish her a Merry Christmas. She goes to Eileen's on Christmas, a tradition for many years. This year, for the first time in many years, there will be no children. It is time for more children. We have Mary's little ones about 10 and 8, (Mary is Eileen's daughter). They will be with their father this Christmas day. We have Dolores's Evan and Brandon, who are about 5 and 2. (You do realize that I am talking Mother's Great Grandchildren. We have Denise's children who are about 11 and 5 and mine are 21, 20, 17 and 16. Where are the babies. We need babies. Now, I am not advocating babies without families. (This is the Grandma talking.)

Dick, Jim and I exchanged gifts tonight, as always. I am again bedecked in jewels. The guy s seemed pleased with their gifts. Tomorrow, I get to cook. If anyone wants to join us, I always have plenty. We are having Tomato Tart. An Italian sausage, tomato cheese dish which is to DIE for. For dessert, we are having Guy Pie. Guy Pie was the winner of this year's Emeril pie contest and is banana cream, chocolate, coconut cream pie with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.

Eat your hearts out if you don't come to partake.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. and I love you all.
Mary

No comments: