Thursday, November 11, 2004

Well, Jeff brought the venison to Mother's over the weekend, so I picked it up tonight. Now, even if we don't fill out, I have some. There are about 10 packages of steaks, chops and ground venison. I believe I will make chili sometime in the next week or two. Nothing better in the world than good old Venison Chili.

Tomorrow is the bust up party for the pistol league that Bobbie, Jim and I shoot in. I did much better this time. My average was 47 point something, which is up about 10 points from last time.

It is getting colder by the day. Chelsea and I walked in 33 degrees this morning, but it was still and not wet. She loves that kind of weather and was quite frisky.

Jim is not feeling well again. I hope he can make the bust up. It would be too bad to go through the whole thing and then not be able to celebrate the end.


I made Cranberry Relish today for Thanksgiving. It needs to blend and mature and lasts "forever." I use the recipe Mother always used and the Kunert's have come to love it too.

Here it is.

Cranberry Relish

4 cups whole cranberries
1 apple
2 oranges
1/2 of the peeling of one of the oranges
2 cups sugar

Grind all the fruit and the orange peel and mix together with the sugar and let it mature.

I love it.

Have a good Friday

Mary



No comments: