Tuesday, November 09, 2004

One of the people on the prayer chain called me last night. She was calling in reverse because she needed to talk to someone. Her son had been taken to St. Luke in Milwaukee because he had an infection in his heart. She couldn't go because she has an infection herself and could not be near him in his condition. Today his name came to me through the regular prayer chain progression. I called her back as she is my contact and I needed to give her the other names and tell her that John's name was out there.

She told me that he passed on early this morning, with his siblings there with him. He went to heaven fifteen minutes after they disconnected the respirator. She is grateful that he is no longer suffering. Such a faith. Please pray for John and his mother, Dorothy and the other children.

We finally finished the last of the food that I brought home from the turkey dinner tonight. It was still good. Had one little "incident". I prepared the plates for the microwave and then left the room for about 10 minutes. When I returned to finish heating everything, a big slice of the turkey was MISSING. I searched around the livingroom and kitchen and found ROXIE - the thief with the evidence right there in front of her. That cat is a real opportunist. I must be more aware.

Have a nice Wednesday. I don't have to go anywhere.

Love

Mary


No comments: