Saturday, August 07, 2004

This morning on my walk I was thinking of Creeping Jenny. Creeping Jenny is a weed. It gets into lawns and, deceptively, looks rather pretty in its prime with bright green leaves and a yellow buttercup looking flower, but it is a root and vine spreader and will destroy a lawn if not controlled.

My Dad was a boy scout leader before and shortly after he and Mother got married. Sy Regan, who is a retired deacon at Blessed Trinity, and is also in my writers club, was one of his scouts. One day he told Dad, who he knew loved plants, that he had a really nice plant for him. So he brought Creeping Jenny. Dad loved that story.

I went out to Maywood to feed pheasants today. That is fun. I will have to go sometime tomorrow too. We found a mink trying to get into the pens. Jeff was able to kill it. Otherwise there would have been a slaughter of those defenseless birds.

Have a nice Sunday.

Love

Mary

No comments: