Thursday, August 05, 2004

I hate "reality" shows. I have been one at a time e-mailing the networks that air them to let them know that. I do not watch them. It isn't so bad that they are on (I guess) it is just that there is NOTHING else on. I have taken to just avoiding the major networks. But so many of the History and A&E etc are reruns and we have seen them before too. Thank heavens for a good supply of movies in our DVD and Video library.

I am in the middle of a good book too and am a bit behind on my other reading. The trouble is that when I do my hand quilting, I like the TV on the occupy a part of my brain.

Last night Dick and I watched a Prime Time Special on Jesus, Mary Magdaline and da Vinci. It was trying to document the truth or non truth of the Da Vinci Code, which, if you haven't read it, proposes that Jesus and Mary Magdaline were man and wife and had a child. From all I heard, there is no irrefutable proof yes or no. But the premise, that Mary Magdaline was very close to Jesus and held a position at or above the apostles is very probable. Fascinating proposals and I can't see that it would make any difference as to Jesus being who he is.

I put my dries oregano and thyme into jars tonight. I also made a thyme beer bread that seems quite moist and tasty.

Have a nice Friday

Mary

No comments: