Wednesday, July 07, 2004

We went up to Green Bay to tour Lambeau Field today. We had gone on a similar tour several years ago before the big removation and expansion. We were impressed. It is HUGE. We got to sit in a sky box AND down in the bleachers. An interesting fact is that Lambeau is probably the only field in the leagues with no backor arm rests on the bleacher seats. During the renovations it was discussed BUT they would have LOST 11000 seats. Since there is long long waiting list for season tickets,only a few season tickets become available every year and they ALWAYS have the stadium packed, they quickly decided against the back and arm rests.

We had a great lunch too. One of the best carrot cakes I have ever tasted.

I got home in time to fix the pie crust for the blueberry pie, the sauce for my lunch and a couple small loaves of lavendar bread. My brother George is coming for lunch tomorrow with Betsy and her Mom and my Mom. George and I were discussing uses for herbs and I had mentioned my lavendar bread. I will serve it with thyme jelly. Cute! Huh?

Have a nice evening.

Mary



No comments: