Thursday, July 29, 2004

My daughter in law, Barbara, and I went to a quilt class together just before she and Bart left for Oklahoma. We have both finished the quilt top that we started at that class. Then we discovered that the fabric requirements given did not include the backing. We both would really like to back it with the material that we used to frame the motif. I went back to Evans to get some more and was not happy to find that they had none left.

We had several people at the class ask where I got it and I made the mistake of telling them. So. Yesterday, I looked at the edge of the piece I have left and found out the pattern and manufacturer. Jocks Rock by Hoffman International. I got on the internet and lo and behold I found some. So I bought enough to back mine and send enough to Barbara to do hers. I am so excited about that.

I've been catching as many of the speeches at the convention that I can stay awake for. I will do the same next week at the Republican convention and then try to weigh my priorities. Good Luck to me!

The mornings have been just perfect for walking and the birds sing us on our way. Chelsea likes it a lot. We walk for about 40 minutes every morning.

A verse from a poem I wrote:

The Cardinal - most blessed in soun and beauty
Sings his melody in the early morning air.
The Morning Doves coo their gentle song
From rooftop to rooftop.

Go out some morning at about 6:00AM and just listen to the choir.

Love

Mary

No comments: