Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Are you watching the Democratic Convention? I thought it would be boring because the decision as to who is running was decided long before they got there. However, the speeches that I have been hearing have been full of information and exciting. There are wonderful orators in our country and I think they are all speaking in Boston.

I am really struggling with the issues this election. I can't just pick one issue. I hear that there is a pro life candidate and a free choice candidate. I just know that pro life should apply to ALL human life. I am definately anti abortion - but after much soul searching and much personal debate, I am also anti death penalty.

I hear that the Bush Administration has produced many many new jobs. (I forget how many.) I also hear that it has become profitable to send jobs overseas. That the good jobs are leaving and the new jobs are entry leval and/or minimum wage jobs. What good is a job for everybody if a person cannot survive unless he or she has two or three of them.

I believe that Iraq is better off without Sadaam, but I do believe that we should have waited and harassed and nagged the other big nations until they either made him back down diplomatically or agreed to go in with us. I believe that we need to stay there now until that country has a stable government. Close to 1000 of our young people have given their lives for this war. We should not be doing it alone. And why does so much of the rest of the world hate us at this point.

I need to get a lot of questions answered in the next couple of months.

Do you have any of them?

Mary

No comments: