Sunday, May 09, 2004

Blogger has changed. This should really be interesting. This is the second time I am trying this.

Mother's Day today and I heard from all six so I am a happy camper. Dick and Brenda left around 11:00AM after a late breakfast to continue their "Mom Hop" - a new term we thought of. They were heading north to Cleveland to see Barbara, Dick's mother, then west to Portage to have a late lunch or early dinner with Brenda's parents. We had such a nice visit.

Tomorrow is Writer's Club. I have been working on several things. I noticed that most of my poems, since Bret got sick last Fall, have been really gloomy. So I picked out a couple that are more cheerful and refined them a bit today. I will share one about spring. Now I only have to do one about Summer to finish the seasons.

REBIRTH

Red Winged Blackbirds chortle at each other
Perched on treetops and dried out cattails
The Robin - returned – sings at the top or his lungs
Outside my office window.

The Cardinal – most blessed in sound and beauty
Sings his melody in the early morning air.
The Morning Doves coo their gentle song
From rooftop to rooftop

Worms that feed the birds, crawl over the street
After rain drives them up out of the ground.
Tulips and day lilies valiantly reach for the sky
Despite frost, snow and roller coaster temperatures.

Daffodils bloom in impossible conditions
Brilliant yellow, promising sun and warmth
And the Flowering Almond bedecked in bridal blooms
Its branches bare of leaves or any other sign of life.

These are Spring and hope for warmth and summer
Rebirth and joy for days ahead.


Mary

No comments: