Thursday, May 13, 2004

The abuse of the Iraqi prisoners is reprehensible and all the headlines are condemning the action and we will probably never recover face. However, I don't remember such a to-do when four people were mutilated, tortured, killed and hung from a bridge in Iraq not too many weeks ago.

I believe we should not show any more pictures. The world knows and has seen enough and any more would be only embarrassing to the victims and their families. They now need to be helped to recover from the humiliation and abuse and steps need to be taken to see that this NEVER happens again. It seems to me that the Geneva Conference was supposed to have done that. What happened? Personally, I think that Rumsfeld should resign as he is symbolic of the problem to the world and is after all at the top of the heap. The soldiers were probably told to "soften them up". Ill trained people with instructions like that WILL behave abominably.

Well, I vented. You may not agree with me. That is your privilege. We can only pray that the damage to the prisoners, our servicemen's safety and our reputation can be repaired.

Mary

No comments: