Monday, April 12, 2004

It was a meeting day. This morning the book discussion group met. Our topic was Stretching Your Limits. We are a group of doers, it appears. They suggest stretching physical, mental and spiritual limits. We decided that by establishing a bible study group, we are stretching our spiritual limits and perhaps that is enough for right now. I think I mentioned in an earlier entry, that Liz Holtz, one of our participants, said that she would like to study Psalms, so that is where we will start. We have decided to skip the last week in April and begin our study on May 3rd at the same time as these discussions. I will send for the study guides from The Liturgical Press. We will use the Collegeville Bible Commentary series which I have had experience with at the Wednesday morning group that meets at St. Clements.

I am going in to quite a bit of detail because Tom Keyes, a member of the group, and Blessed Trinity's webmaster is going to put a link to my web page on the parish site. This means that I need to be more informative about some things and I want to be more entertaining as not everybody will know me so well as most of my current readers.

I figure I will be sure to add a poem (mine or some master poet), a quotation, a recipe, or an anecdote or story to each entry. Today you are getting a poem. I was at Writer's Club today and read two new ones to them and they seemed to find them likeable. I welcome comments and you can do so on the web page, on the left at the bottom of all of those dates. Just click on Tell Me and you will link to my AOL address. Otherwise, it is mkunert@aol.com. The poem I will share today is an early morning experience shared only with my dog as we walked. It is an attempt to share it with others.


AVIAN BALLET

By

Mary J. Kunert


We saw them in the morning sky
Sweeping, swirling up on high.
The starlings rival Fosse's dancers.
Never falter - forwards, backwards.
Never a trip or misstep there
Death defying in the air.

Blue Angels can't compete
With Avian Dancers o'er the street
Feathered dancers wing to wing
Glide in silence - deafening.
Thirty - forty we can't count
The tension and the beauty mount.

Back and forth in joy they flow
Like a disc on blue they go
So close we hold our breath in wonder
They do not touch or stray or blunder
Alighting finally in the trees
They chatter proudly to the breeze



Have a wonderful week

Mary

No comments: