Monday, April 26, 2004

It was chilly today. The sun was deceptively lovely this morning but it clouded over and a chilly wind came up. I had plenty to keep me busy in the house - mainly on the computer - but would really like to spend an hour or so a day outside.

I found some cooked brats in the freezer yesterday, so I fixed potato salad and warmed them up for supper. They sure tasted good. I will give MY recipe for potato salad. There is a Kunert version which we use about half the time but tonight I fixed mine.

American Potato Salad

6 potatoes
6 hard boiled eggs
2 Large pickle cut in small pieces
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
1 heaping teaspoon mustard

Boil potatoes, cool, peal and cube into a bowl. Add all other ingredients. Mix well and salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least an hour.

(Dick is an official taster of potato salad if you are not sure it is right.)



Love

Mary

No comments: