Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I went to the Senior Meals in Sheboygan Falls with Mother and then took her to the eye doctor for her ultrasound on her eye. She is scheduled for her cataract surgery on May 19. On the way to Dr. Larson's office, we stopped at Superior Gardens and I bought three plants that can be planted this early in the spring.

I got a honeysuckle and a clematis for the trellises that are on either end of the deck. I also got a peony to replace the one I planted last year that just didn't grow and seemed to have disappeared.
When I got home, I took Chelsea out for her bathroom call and glanced over to the spot I was going to plant the new peony and lo and behold - there was the old one peeking above ground. So I have two. Now - where to plant the new one.

The Cadfael Book of Days entry was special today so I will share that with you.

"Even the pursuit of perfection may be sin, if it infringes the rights and needs of another soul. Better to fail a little, by turning aside to lift up another, than to pass by him in haste to reach our own reward and leave him to solitude and despair. Better to labour in lameness, in fallibility, but holding up others who falter, than to stride forward alone." From The Raven in the Foregate by Ellis Peters

Have a good day

Mary

No comments: