Thursday, April 29, 2004

A couple of years ago, Jim installed a couple of "computer pets" on my computer. A cat named Felix and a Puppy, who had no name. When I would turn on my computer both of them would in the background and just kind of roam around the screen. Really nice low maintenance pets.

After a while, the dog began to disappear occasionally. Jim was able to find him again, or at least ANOTHER puppy that looked just like him. At the same time, Felix started multiplying. Sometimes one cat appears, sometimes as many as three. Jim says that this is not possible. However, then he said that if it does happen, they should be mirror images. Not so. The three cats all be behave differently and if there ARE three, only two appear ON screen at one time.

My theory is that the cats kill the dogs. So I do not have Jim reinstall him any longer. As far as the cats go, when more than one appear, I just put the extras "outside." They get back in soon enough anyway and I figure they are just taking up space.

Have a great day.

Mary

No comments: