Sunday, February 01, 2004

January is over ALREADY. Today, started off with a bang, literally. Jim, Bobbie and I went shooting at Rhine this afternoon. I shot a line of trap with a gun that I am trying for a while to see how it does. It is a 847 12 gauge shotgun and thought the stock is too long, I wasn't unhappy with it. I only shot a 9. However, the stock IS too long, I have never shot in winter with all the bulky clothes and the cold and this is the first line I have shot since September. SO. We will see. I will shoot another line next week and each week for a while.

My league pistol targets were not too bad. I blew the middle one but the first and last were in the 50s.

The Super Bowl is on and without the Packers playing it is really hard to get too interested. I don't really care who wins. The first quarter and a half were really dull, then they scored four times, going into the half 14/10 New England. So the last half of the 2nd quarter was at least fun to watch.

I am feeling pretty good now and the temperature was up into the high 20s today. Chelsea and I went for a walk this morning and she was a very very happy puppy. As I have said before, Dick and Jim's idea of taking her for a walk is sending her out the side door on her leash and saying "Run, Chelsea, Run." til she does something.

Have a good week and a great February. I have two friends who are ill and would appreciate any prayers you have hanging around for their health.

Love

Mary

No comments: