Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Yesterday was groundhogs day. I guess we are supposed to have an early spring. It certainly doesn't look so outside today. It snowed for 12 more hours last night and the snow is piling up steadily. There does not seem to be any melting down.

I have decided to make the venison roast as a Texas Brisket roast for the 27th Annual Deeley Wild Game Dinner and Beer Tasting Contest. That is Dick's favorite way to fix venison. I can cook it all morning and then put it in the slo cooker in its juice to keep it warm. I have Daddy Hinkle's marinade and seasoning. I will also make potato salad.

Started a book discussion group with four wonderful women at church yesterday. The book is called Live Long and Love It. It should be nice, we will meet once a week for about 10 weeks and discuss how to best enjoy our older years.

Have a good Wednesday.

Mary

No comments: