Tuesday, December 23, 2003

We bottled a batch of Riesling today. 31 bottles. It is a bit raw but will be ready in a month as smooth as can be. Tomorrow, we will put another batch in to a carboy to age. The winemaking is fun. We have rhubarb, marigold and wild grape made from scratch that are almost ready to bottle. We have learned that you cannot rack them too much. Too little and you get sediment.

I made soup today. Chicken soup with LOTS of veggies. We will have that for supper with grilled cheese sandwiches I think. (Because I LOVE grilled cheese.)

It was a quiet day. I did not have to go anywhere which was really a nice for a change. Tomorrow I have Bible Study and we will shop a bit. Bart and Barb and Timothy are coming for dinner on Friday and I need a couple things. Chelsea should get a bath too since she will go with us to Bobbie's on Christmas Day and really should be made pretty for the visit to the "Goddess". The Goddess is Bobbie as Chelsea just adores her.

Dick is complaining about his hand calculator. Good thing I bought him a new one for his stocking. I will fill the stocing tomorrow.

Have a nice evening.


Mary

No comments: