Monday, December 22, 2003

Two days til Christmas day. We shopped today and took my Dad's and Uncle George's canes to Mother. She is planning on using one when the ground is wet, icy or snowy. Things are dry and clear now, but she wants to practice. I hope they are short enough for her. I told her to have Randy check it out because he could cut it off a bit if they are too tall for her.

There was a 6.5 earthquake in California today. It was felt in LA so I am sure my son Bret felt it. However, it was about halfway between LA and San Francisco and little damage was done. Another worry, I guess. Sometimes quakes trigger more quakes.

Remember the reason for the season. Actually, I guess it is a melding of ancient feasts and the birth of Jesus, but I like the birth of Jesus best. Perhaps, it can bring peace to this world yet.

Love

Mary

No comments: