Saturday, December 27, 2003

I took off for Christmas and Boxing Day. In case you didn't know, Boxing Day is celebrated in Britain and British settled places on the day after Christmas. It is the day that the gentry gave their servants, who had to work on Christmas, the day off. The servants also got their "boxes" with gifts and/or bonuses. It was also the day the poor boxes were traditionally opened and distributed to the poor.

We spent Christmas full of joy. First, we went to Mass, Dick and I. Dick sat with Mother and the Randy Deeleys and Jessica, Randy's daughter, and I sang in the choir. I love the Christmas music and we all must because we sang with joy and enthusiasm. (On key too.) The bell choir accompanied us on several songs.

Then we went to Bobbie and Bill's house in the afternoon and evening to celebrate a wonderful Christmas dinner with dessert of Bobbie's candy. That is a taste treat.

And we exchanged gifts which is ALWAYS fun. Our children are VERY good to us.

Friday, Boxing Day, Bart, Barb and Timothy came for supper. We had such a nice visit, exchanged presents and had dinner. I made Banana Cream Pie which always goes over in this house. Timothy is Barbara's son. one of our step Grandsons and a really nice young man.

Hope your holidays were as pleasant as ours. I will be praying for all of you in the morning.

I have a big old black cat spawled accross my desk and a silly looking tailless one drapped over the back of my chair.

I love being surrounded by creatures.

Love

Mary

No comments: