Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Tomorrow is Jim's birthday. He is taking tomorrow and Thursday off, so he and Dick are going to go gambling tomorrow. I will bake a cake for him while they are gone and I am fixing a rather nice Italian Pasta dinner too. While they are gone (I love it when they go gambling because then I am sure that Dick will not ask me to go. He doesn't often but he does enjoy it and I do not.) I am going to do a bit of shopping and drop some things off at St. Vinnies.

Tomorrow I go to Bible Study and I actually finally got the chapter from Mark read and the notes read too so feel rather prepared. We are on the 12th chapter which ends with Jesus telling the apostles that the poor widow's two coins were worth so much more than the large contributions of the rich people. I want to share a line with the group from my friend Sy Regan who wrote a poem he shared with Blessed Trinity Parish in his deacon's message. It is as follows: "And so we pray in churches, While Christ is on the mountain we avoid."


Mary

No comments: