Thursday, October 23, 2003

My Aunt Mary Ann Bowser shared this soup with me when Dick and I made our trip to Texas several years ago. I has turned out to be a keeper. My grandaughters call it Pizza Soup.

Zucchini Soup

1 ½ lb. Mild Italian Sausage (no reason you can't use hot if you like it better)
1 Cup Onion Chopped
1 Cup Green Pepper Chopped
1 Cup Celery Chopped

Saute and drain the above ingredients.

Add
1 16 oz can of Italian tomatoes
1 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes
1 quart tomato juice
2 cans chicken broth
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
½ tsp sugar
8 oz carton fresh mushrooms, slices
1 lbs Zucchini sliced


Simmer for one hour. FANTASTIC. This soup also Freezes well which you may have to do because it is a really LARGE recipe.

It will be in the cookbook I am writing.

Love

Mary






No comments: