Monday, October 20, 2003

I am working on a cookbook and am rediscovering lots of recipes and cooking tips that I have gathered over the years. I used to be able to put a meal on the table in less than a half an hour. Now, though I still can provide the quick stuff, I love to spend time and care in preparing meals. I do love to cook.

I am working on the soup chapter and found a vegetable soup I used when I was really dieting. It was filling and provided two veggie servings in one bowl so was really good. I will share it with you here.

It is called

SLIM Veggie Soup

3 sups water
6 beef or chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups canned tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery
2 cupps shredded cabbage
Salt and Pepper

Put water, bouillon and tomatoes in a kettle. Bring to a boil and add the vegetables. Bring back to boil, cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer till vegetables are done. Makes 6 one cup servings at 66 calories each.

Nummy Nummy in my tummy.


Mary

No comments: