Monday, August 24, 2020

A brand new week

Not more optimistic that the previous weeks.   So saddened to hear of the Jacob Blake shooting in Kenosha.   Too close to where I grew up in my beautiful Wisconsin, full of people who seemed to trust each other and care for each other.

In the midst of this pandemic and the fires and the storms, we must pray and love each other and try to bring peace and help to those who are in need.  There really is no time to be hating and disliking each other.

A bit of a comment.    When I hear BLM, my first thought is always Bureau of Land Management.   50 years ago, my family spent a lot of time out in the wild open areas of California and Arizona and it was important for us to follow the rules and guidelines of the Bureau of Land Management.   I mention to Bart as to what he first thought of as BLM and he said the same.   He grew up with that designation.

I have a t shirt that I have been hesitant to wear but have in the past couple of days thinking that I am a wimp.    So I will start wearing it.     It says Unborn Lives Matter.    Some of you may not agree with me but I hope all of my friends would grant me the right to feel the way I do.

To less serious things.    Vita and I had three good walks today.    This afternoon got a bit too much.   (Even she agreed)   but we got our exercise.    I always say, I get a doggie to walk me.    They have all been good at it too.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Haiku

A breath of fresh thought

Striding through your mind with joy

Always true to YOU

No comments: