Thursday, June 04, 2020

Sorry that I got lazy the last couple of nights.     No excuse.     Nothing much is happening around here except the heat.    The weather people say it is 100 Degrees but my  thermometer shows 105 Degrees.      In any case HOT.

Vita and I did go for a couple of walks.    I took the longer one this morning as I knew the more oppressive heat was coming this afternoon.

I remember shortly after Dick and I were married that there was a rather long heat spell in Wisconsin.   We were having trouble sleeping and just being in the house and poor Jim, a night worker was sleeping on the deck which was shady during the day and not as hot as indoors.    One day Dick just said.   "That's it!!! We are getting air conditioning."     And we did too, very quickly.    That many years ago, we were really ahead of most people.

Well,  A quiet weekend ahead.  I'll go to Mass on Saturday night again.

Hope all is well with all of you.     Shelter in place as much as you can and wear masks in crowds.    Bart makes me do this:) so you all have to too.

Dia Dhuit
Mary

No comments: