Thursday, December 14, 2017

The temps were in the 50s today and if the wind hadn't been blowing, it would have been quite comfortable.

Bart went tot he post office with me today to mail all the candy and presents out.   I got some Christmas stamps too as I will have to get to the Christmas cards next.

This afternoon the Lawton Celtic group met at the Shamrock.   I was able to EAT.   I ordered a corned beef sandwich on a pretzel bun and was able to eat quite a bit.    I was proud of me anyway and didn't gag even once.   I even ate some French fries.   Yea for me.   We always have such a good time and the Donaghe's brought a guest Pastor James Mc Dowell who hails from Belfast.   I had baked a loaf of Barm Brack for the celebration and was assured by Pastor James that it was like the Barm Brack his mom made for him when he was little.    I am sharing the recipe by request with the Lawton club.

So lots of excitement and things to do today.    Tomorrow, I see my general practitioner at 9:30AM and am getting a haircut at 11:30AM.    Boy will I be happy to get this hair out of my face.

Then except for mass on Sunday,, I will be home and able to regroup.   I feel that the house and Christmas have gotten away from me.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: