Saturday, February 18, 2017

Quilt Show again.    I went over to the Coliseum shortly after noon.    I worked in the Club Booth until closing at 4PM then stayed to help shut down until my joints got too sore.   Barb was there too.  She pushed herself too far also.   Will we ever learn?\

I think I told you that she got an honorable mention ribbon for her entry.   It was indeed beautiful.  You saw it Leslie,   Not the Abby quilt, the smaller one.   She was so moved by the scores that she got.   The judges were really good and she got nothing short of really great scores.   The quilts this year were beautiful.  Maybe I will actually enter one for judging in two years when we have our next show.   I did have my President's Challenge,  my Aunt Helen's Flower Garden (as an antique) and three wall hangings, my Celtic Saint trio, in the show just to fill space.

Tomorrow, the Knights of Columbus are hosting a chili tasting event.   I am not entering for competition but will be bringing my Mother's Friday Chili for eating.   I made it today except for adding the pasta.   (Very Wisconsin or Sheboygan chili, as I call it. has pasta)   I did not realize this when I was young.  The only chili we had was Friday Chili which is more of a soup.   In California, I got a great Chili recipe from my mother in law, Lili which is  SO GOOD.  And Dick had his own chili, as most of you know.    ( He measured?   What is that?)  I make whichever suits my fancy as I love all three and they are in my cookbook.

Dia Dhuit

Mary 




No comments: