Saturday, September 24, 2016

The weather is at least 10 degrees cooler, but we are getting warnings of severe thunderstorms.   So far those storms have not hit Lawton.  At least my part of Lawton.

Barb and I went to the International Fest here in Lawton this afternoon.  We met Lexie, Adam Adria, Abbie and Jackson there.    I am a bit confused as to why it is an International Fest.  I guess the stages feature dancers and music from many nations and I did see some really great Native American dancing.   But there were no booths or areas to feature the various ethnic backgrounds that settled and grew this area.  There was a great variety of food.   Mostly food trucks which I am not knocking.  They had a nice variety of really tasty ethnic food.   But I would have liked to share the history of the food.    I think I expected something different.     It is always good to spend time with Barb and her family.


So Sunday rolls around again.   I actually ran into a gal, Pam, who I have met at church while at the festival.  It gives me hope.    When in Sheboygan County, I knew somebody everywhere I went.    I get lonely sometimes.

But it will be OK.   I am tough and will gradually find a place where I belong here too.  This isn't my first rodeo.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: