Saturday, February 27, 2016

I have been terribly negligent in posting the past couple of days.   

I got tired of reporting the same old same old stuff.    Unpacking, cleaning etc.

Still much the same, but that is OK.    My home is becoming more me every day.  

Thursday, I went to the Bible Study class on John at Holy Family.    Fr. Phil is very interesting and knowledgeable.   I have found that priests come in to and out of my life simply because of the movement amid the diocese.   But now it is also because of geography.  I think I mentioned some of the differences in this parish.    For one thing.   They use the bells, or chimes, during the Mass at the consecration of the Eucharist.   Also, when a song is sung during or before the service, we sing ALL the verses.   I guess it is a southern thing.   At my past several parishes, we would only sing, for example, maybe two verses of the entrance hymn, then dive right into the mass.   People aren't in such a hurry here.

I like these things.    I am going to give myself some time before I decide what areas of the parish I will become active in.    I must remember my sweetheart would remind me not to volunteer for EVERYTHING.  He used to say that I had "Pick Me" on my forehead. 

I have to remember that one of my BIG priorities is to establish a Celtic Women Branch here in Lawton.   They have very little to none Irish shops, bars, restaurants, but lots of people I talk to claim to be Irish.   So Perhaps there is a thirst for the Celts in this area.    I may be able to satisfy a THIRST!!!

I know, I know.   I can hear Dick's eyes rolling from heaven.

Talked to my friend Peg Payne today.   She is a Celtic Lady from the word go and we date back to our mothers.   Her mother went to the Normal School (teacher's college) in Sheboygan Falls when Mother was a child.  She lived with Mom's family in their home while she went to school, as the families were friends from out in the "Holy Land" of Sheboygan County.   This is what you did then.  And there were not cars or buses, so daily travel was impossible.   Wow,   Not so long ago either.

Hope all are well.   I am looking forward to Texas Irish fest and Deeley's next weekend.

Dia Dhuit

Mary  

No comments: