Friday, October 30, 2015

It was a bit warmer today but next week it is supposed to jump back up into the 60s.

I kept busy today.   Friday I always catch up on the wash.   So that is all done.

Tomorrow I am going into Sheboygan For Ceil's Meals.   My frien Ceil Du Prey puts on these free meals at churches periodically.  I have been unable to attend for one reason or another but this Saturday I AM free so told her I sould come.   I am bringing scones and clotted cream and corn bread to share.

The cornbread is a new recipe it is quite simple:

1 cup flour
1 cup corn meal
1 T baking powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk (any kind you have)
3 eggs
1/4 to 1/2 t. maple extract
1/3 cup brown sugar.

blend the dry ingredients.   Then mix the wet ingredients, including melted butter, and add to the dry.   Pour in a greased 8X8 pan and bake at 425 for 20 to 25 minutes.

I forgot to add the butter and realized just before putting it in the oven so added it then.  It came out fine and is really good.

The engine light came on in my car.  I took it in but we think it was just a loose gas cap.  If it happens again, I will go back.

Had lunch with the bank ladies.  There were only three of us.   Everybody had other things to do.

So I am trying to get Nicky to sleep a little longer each morning because tomorrow we turn the clocks back.


It is working, I think.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: