Monday, July 27, 2015

Today Mom was buried

I am so conflicted.   I am full of joy for her journey and the fact that she is safe in heaven with God and our Dad.   But I know that I will be missing her.    I am so glad that I have been in Wisconsin these past 29 years.   It was special to be  able to be a part of her growing old as I was gone for so much of the middle years.   The Mass was lovely.   Fr.   Mike Shea was our priest.   That made it so special because he loves her too.   I think the readings were well selected and certainly were read beautifully by my nieces, Jessie, Erin and Britt.  Many of the grandchildren were a  part of the service.   Mother must be so pleased.

After the ceremony at the cemetery all who could had dinner together at the church.   The Church ladies did such a good job of getting everything set out and prepared.  

I am totally exhausted now and will be going to bed now.   Hope I can sleep.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: