Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

What a day.  I did all the errands that I was supposed to do yesterday this morning.   As I took off for my visit with Mom, I saw that Van Horn had left their jump starter in front of the passenger seat of my car when they brought it back last night.  

Mom and I had a good visit.   I brought her a bottle of Prairie Fume for one of her Christmas gifts.    Good thing.  I found out that she only had enough left for one more night.   I will go to a real liquor store and bring her a bottle of Madeira for New Years.   Dick always kept her in wine, so I do this for him AND her.  She only has a little glass in the evening before she goes to bed.

I left there and stopped at Van Horn to return the jump starter.   I told them that I would have preferred a bottle of wine for a Christmas present.    Funny, they had not noticed it was missing.  

Then I went grocery shopping.  Promise me that you will remind me that I DO NOT shop on Christmas Eve day.  Then I got home and had to go back for two things.   GRRRR.

Home finally.  I took a rest but got a lot done for tomorrow.   The presents are all ready, the food is under control and some wine is chilling.

Soon I will go to church for Christmas Eve Mass.  My choir is singing.  I did practice while I was in Oklahoma - now if I can just sing the same notes tonight.  Warm up is at 9:15PM followed by a short concert and then 10PM Mass.

I intend to tumble into bed as soon as I get home.   

So until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

and

Nollaig Shona Dhuit

Mary

No comments: