Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving was really special.    Richard and Brenda came for the dinner and then spent the night here.   It was so good to have someone in the house.    It is very lonely here.

Bobbie fixed a great turkey dinner, topped off by her hickory nut pie and my pumpkin pie.   We were definitely stuffed to the gills and very content.  Lots of good visiting which kept me busy.  I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night,  I can only hope that tonight will be better.

Bobbie came over around 8AM and the four of us, Richard, Brenda, Bobbie and me, had breakfast.  I baked an "overnight egg" casserole and we had green tomato muffins, barm brack and fresh fruit with it. 

After we were finished, Richard and Brenda headed for home and Bobbie and I drove to Jeff's to help butcher the two deer that the hunting party had harvested.  Randy and Jason where the two who filled out this year.   It was fun - I needed to be with people.   They were very kind and gave us a few packages of meat.    We don't really 'Qualify" for a share, and would help anyway because we miss the guys now that we don't hunt.   So we are delighted that they share with us.

Home again, I have been feeling kind of squishy off and all today and am going to go to bed very early.   I miss my little kitty so much.


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: