Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Not a very good day today.  I won't go over the whole day.   The things I enjoyed were so overshadowed by the sad things.

This morning I received word that my courageous  artist friend, Cindy Matyi passed away last night.  After at least 14 years of fighting cancer, she is the bravest lady.   I know she was sleeping the past several days in hospice so her going was not hard for her.   Bless her journey.   Just imagine,  what beauty she will create in heaven.

I also made a very difficult decision today.    Roxie has been eating some since her Vet visit but the litter box was still almost empty so I knew she was not really drinking.   She also has been trying to communicate something to me.   I prayed a lot and talked to Bobbie.   I ultimately decided that there is no earthly reason to keep her alive when she is being maintained by two times a week being stuck with a needle to get fluids and she hated the pills.   There were other signs that told me she was not comfortable.   So I decided it was time to have here put down.  I was able to get an appointment at 5PM.   I stayed with my girl. of course.   She did get a bit distressed as they put a catheter in her vein to  make the injection easy.    It always amazes me and gives me comfort to know how fast and seemingly uncomprehending the critters are.    Dr. Bohn said that it is an anesthetic.   She went immediately to sleep and then she goes to sleep.    I hugged and petted her for the last time.   She looked very peaceful.

I am missing her already.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: