Sunday, September 07, 2014

I am sad today.   This morning, I received a call from my neighbor Tom.  Our Rita, my friend with ALS, his wife, passed away during the night.   I was her last visitor.  

How glad I am that I was able to see her and to tell her that I loved her and to have the communion host laid in her hand before I gave it to Tom on Saturday night.  Her faith meant so much to her.   I will miss her, but I am so happy too.   She no longer has to be trapped in that body that was giving up on her daily.   Tom told me that during the night he had been sitting with her, saying a decade of the rosary with rosaries that her grandchildren had given to her the previous week whenever she seemed to be "there".  It was apparently a very gentle and quick leaving of her spirit.   She will be with Tom until he is OK.  I know that because Dick is here when I need him.   Isn't faith wonderful.  

I can't do more tonight.  It is very hard even when I know she is safe in the hands of God.   We get kind of lonesome for our friends you know.

Dia dhuit
Mary 

  

No comments: