Monday, April 28, 2014

A late practice

Not really too late, but standing for over two hours with only one break is really wearing my knees.   The practice went well, I think.   I marked the areas that I feel weak on and should have more time this week to go over them.   It is really nice music.   If you are going, let me know, I can get tickets for PAC member price which saves three bucks.

I had my usual busy Monday morning.   Went to Bible Study at 9:30AM, going just a bit early so that I could pick up the hosts to take to Meadow View for the residents.   We had an almost full crew.   Only Peggy was unable to come.   We are on the part of ACTS where the disciples are going out and evangelizing.   We were commenting that it is interesting that the Diocese is stressing evangelism at this time too.

Then I drove to see Mom.   I brought her a bottle of wine from Lincolnshire and found out that she has not been getting her glass before going to bed.   So I went down and talked to the desk and the social director.   They are supposed to get it back on the orders.   I will check again on Monday with Mom or sooner if I do happen to stop by.  She still has over a bottle, so I will bring this when the other is low. 
We had a good visit.   While talking about her liking her glass of wine before bed, she remembered that Grandpa John Bowser liked his shot of brandy before bed.   And I remembered Grandpa Mike Deeley having his "medicine" in the morning.   A shot of whiskey.   They really didn't drink otherwise, except socially.   I am sure it was good for them.  They did live into their nineties.

I then met Paul Hanson for lunch as we are planning a rather unique Bloomsday, with the whole book being read from Midnight to Midnight.   Things are coming together and we should be OK with a serious recap of everything in mid may.   Bloomsday is June 16th.  This reading of the whole book is done in several venues. around the world.

So now I am home, and tired.   I made Roxie take her pill but did give her a little treat.

Pray for me tomorrow.  I am having a tooth pulled.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: