Friday, January 10, 2014

What a day.     My cleaning lady, Jody, is still sick, but her boss, Bonnie came at 8:30AM and cleaned the house.   

May arm is so sore.   I called Dr. Murthy to see if perhaps I could help by using a sling.   He said that it was Ok but to let it out of the sling regularly so it doesn't get stiff that way.   I just want to stop reaching for things with it.   I don't imagine that Duct Tape would be very practical.

I went to Falls and Mother's at 10:30AM because the VNA were coming.   They have determined that she is too healthy for their services at this point.   Poor Mom.   The nurse, the social worker, me, Dolores and Ken and Mary Margaret's Mike were all wandering in and out or the house.   The VNA will come two more times.     I went down because Pat, the Social Worker, wanted one of us there to be sure Mother understood what they were saying.    Her hearing is so bad you know.   If I had known that Dolores would be there, I wouldn't have come.  Dolores will be there next Friday when they come for the last time and will help her sign off and everything.

Home again, I started putting Christmas away.   I can do that with one arm if I put the right arm in a sling so I remember not to use it.

This evening, silly me, I went out to Rhine to shoot pistol.   I got our on Hwy C before I realized the the weatherman was right, nobody should be out in that icy mess.    I did make it to the club and did shoot.   By then the salters had been out.  I followed my friends Bob and Pat Becher as far as Plymouth so am safely home and they are too.  One of the guys at the club gave me his phone number in case I did get stuck or became unable to move.    I was sure grateful and called to tell him that I was safe.   People are good to me.   I am truly blessed.    On the way home I decided I needed an Angel guarding me so called on Michael.    I told him that since I am writing about him as Patron of Cornwall, he really should protect me from harm so that I can finish.   I helps to have friends in high places.

So

Time for bed.

Dia dhuit and stay safe.

Mary

No comments: