Wednesday, February 20, 2013

These have been two very eventful days.

Yesterday, the snow came.   Apparently the worst was from Plymouth north, but it made me very anxious because yesterday was the day that Bobbie and I were going to Milwaukee for the Shen Yun performance at the Milwaukee Theatre.    I kind of tested the streets shortly before noon by going to vote, stopping at the Pig and filling the gas tank.   It wasn't TOO bad.

So I took a nap after lunch and left at 5PM to pick Bobbie up.  Between Plymouth and Sheboygan, the traffic was just crawling suddenly.   Soon I found out why.    There was a rollover in the medien.   So Bobbie and I decided to go because of the rumors that it was not bad to the south and we were very glad that we did.    There was low to moderate traffic and the roads were just fine.

The performance was really indescribable.   The costuming, the dancing the visual effects, the singing.   It was well worth the drive.   My arm and neck really started hurting.  Bobbie was willing to leave at the intermission as a kindness to her old sore stepmother but I told her that I would be OK.
And it was.   I would have hated to miss the last half of such a dynamic show.    We had not seen anything like it before and it opens up LOTS of questions.

I got home just before midnight and went right to bed with a heating pad on my aches.

This morning was much quieter but I had a haircut appointment at 9AM so had to leave my poor sad Roxie again.   But I was only gone a couple of hours.   Since I was out, I went to Walmart to exchange my Soda Stream aeriator and I picked up a couple of other things while I was there.

I took a nap again.   I really like naps.   Then I worked on Mother's quilt and then almost finished some articles that I need to send to Maureen for the CWI newsletter.

So I have been busy but pleasantly so and tomorrow I will be home ALL day.   Yea.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: