Friday, November 09, 2012

Boy, this was a day to remember.

I got a call at 8:30AM or so from Mom's caregiver that Mom was having another fainting event and they had called 911.   

Jody was here cleaning so I asked her if she would stay with Dick while I drove over there.  By the time I got here, she was already being transported to Memorial.   So I came home again and waited for phone calls.  Jeff let me know that she was awake and fine.   They sent her home before lunch.  Too bad, I had cancelled Meals on Wheels.    There is plenty of food in that house anyway.   Eileen was staying with her and through the night.

Tomorrow we are gathering at 10:00 to see if there is more we can do to be sure she is safe.

Dick had his cumadin level checked today.   It was 3.7 so we had to adjust meds and will be back there in two weeks.   I lost him on the way to the cumadin clinic.     We got off the elevator together.   We started down the hall and I told him I would go ahead to check him in.    When I turned around he was gone.    We finally found him.   For some reason, he had gone back on the elevator.   Last time I'll go ahead.

We saw Dr. Sharon today too.  Nothing new there, but Dr. Sharon now knows his current condition and I feel good about that.  We are trying a new med (Yippee) that might help the phantom pain.

We picked up fast food from the DQ for our lunch.   Then we rested.

I went to the bust up party at Rhine tonight.

Good visits and good food.

So  Until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: