Sunday, November 18, 2012

As promised, a quiet Sunday.   I was able to stay in bed until shortly after 8AM.   It was one of those days, I might have stayed in ALL day if I didn't have responsibilities.    I am actually feeling much better than I have been feeling but am still kaddy wampus.

We had our joint Chili for dinner this noon.   It is really good.  So, Dick and I make a cooking duo to contend with.  I also made Irish Brown Bread and cranberry relish today.   This week will be busy and I have to leave Wednesday afternoon free for baking  the pumpkin pie.

Got  a call from my friend, Maureen.   It was a call for help.   She couldn't find the recipe for ice box shortbread cookies that we got from the American Club at our Annual meeting.    Luckily I found it while we were talking.   I know how FRUSTRATING that is.   I was doubly glad because it gave Maureen and I a chance to just talk for a while.    It has been a long time.   I have such good friends with Celtic Women and Maureen is the best.

Jeff called a couple of times this afternoon.    Randy and Jason and Kurt all got does out hunting.   Randy and Jason on Saturday and Kurt today.    Brandon, Kurt's oldest, was out his first year.   He did get a shot off at a buck today.   What a thrill for a first time hunter.   I seems that Jason is going to butcher the deer as it is going to be warm mid week and he is currently not working.   He absolutely refuses to take it to a butcher shop.   (Sounds like Tim and Dad's spirit seeped in to him.)  So unless there are more deer harvested on Thanksgiving, we will not be butchering on Friday.

I have been having difficulty downloading pictures from my camera to the computer.   That is my project for tonight.    It is driving me bonkers.

Tomorrow is Monday already.    I will spend time with Mother and have a chiropractic session.   Hope things start feeling better soon.

Love you all

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: