Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It has been a day of hope and a tired day too.

I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Leban at 9:30AM so I got up at 6 and did everything I could before Dick got up at 7:30.   Then we got him ready for the day and I left for my appointment.

She reviewed my bone scan with me and it confirms her diagnosis with a twist.   The area between the 8th and 9th discs in my spinal cord is the problem.    First she treated it as a nerve problem as the MRI showed a swelling there, but the meds weren't helping much.  The bone scan confirmed that I have arthritis in that area which caused the nerve pain.   SO next Monday, I will go to Valley View Hospital here in Plymouth and have a cortisone shot in that area which should solve the problem.   Possibly permanently but at least for a rather long period of time.   Pray that this will work. 

I got home at 10:30.   There were two phone calls waiting.  I had to return the one to Christy at Dr. Sharon's office.   She was verifying the dose of a prescription that is being refilled and also making sure that we have gotten an appointment with Dr. Kream.   The other call WAS from Dr. Kream's office.    I called them back too and we have an appointment with him tomorrow at 9:30AM.   Bobbie will meet us at the Sheboygan Clinic at 9:15AM to help get him into the building.   There is an incline there and we are trying to keep the pain down in my ribs.

As I said, Dr. Bostwick believes that there is an increase in the fluid below Dick's right lung and wanted Dr. Kream to see him ASAP.   Perhaps they will drain some of the fluid.   We just need to make him better.

Nancy the Home Health Aid came and got him bathed.   Heidi the PT called.  I told her what was happening and they will call tomorrow or Thursday to start PT again.

I talked to Marty at Wisconsin Prosthesis and we have cancelled tomorrow's appointment and will reschedule as soon as we can.    Dick and I CAN go to Fond du Lac where he had hours more than in Sheboygan.   It is not much further and easy to get to.

We were home all afternoon.  I did some sewing and took a nap.

It is now getting close to settling down to bed.   I am so tired from the aching ribs that I could go right now.  As soon as Dick is tucked in I will be right behind him.  

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: