Thursday, February 10, 2011

A whole day at home.   It was very peaceful in this cold cold weather.   I stepped out the door just twice, once to put some mail in the mailbox and once to pick up the mail.

I made a stew in the crockpot for our supper.  Jody came today to do the cleaning.  She is still having car trouble and was able to get a ride today.  She walked in the door and smelled the stew immediately.   I also made brown bread as I have gotten used to having it every day and could not go cold turkey.

So with working on transcribing my notes from the trip and cooking and washing, it was a very busy day.



The following are a couple of paragraphs from my notes from the third day of the trip.   I will have a couple of pictures too.






Tuesday, February 1, a goodly number of us headed back to Kildare at 9PM for the TRAD (a tradtional music session)  at the Cove in Kildare. The place was JAMMED. When we got there a group were playing in the second alcove of the place. They were finishing up so that the regular guys could come in between 9 and 10. I slithered over to the end of the bar to get a pint of cider and got into a conversation with a lovely gal named Collette. She plays bodhran in the session and sings.  I was looking for Kieran who helped us make the Bridget Crosses this afternoon.  I reintroduced myself and he asked if I would sing. I told him I knew Whiskey on a Sunday and he liked that. I found a good seat between Collette and another drum player. What a rush to get that beat coming in both ears. Before the music started I got to talking to a darling young man who actually flirted with me. He is a jockey and his name is Steven. I will put a picture of him and of Kieran on the blog. Steven's mother was there for the music too. I told her I would like to take him home in my pocket. She grinned from ear to ear but said that I could not have him.

Sr. Phil and Sr. Rita, the Brigidine nuns were there for the Trad too. We were supposed to be out at the bus at 11PM. At quarter to, Debbie pointed at her watch and we started to gather up people. I went to Kieran and told him that I had to leave as everybody else was piling out the door. He said that I had not sung yet so I told him if we could do it right away it would work. I sat on Collette's chair and sang Whiskey on a Sunday in the Cove in Kildare. What a thrill. Then I bolted to the door. Sweet Kieran was indicating “Call me” in sign. What a nice flirt. I stepped out the door to find Mick, our bus driver, coming in to get me. The others sent him. I was in disgrace. Ha Ha. What a night.


So everybody have a nice night.   I will post pictures of Kieran and Steven from the Trad.
God love you

Mary

No comments: